Tuesday, 2 June 2026

 So I wasn't kidding when I said I'd see you on the next post! This is me, and the face behind Bec Broomhall!


I am an artist currently living and working in Wolverhampton, and graduated from Fine Art at the University of Wolverhampton in 2013.  Although I started off as an abstract artist way back during my degree, a year or so after graduating I decided to pursue my original love of portraits, aiming for a more illustration based practice. 

Drawn to a love of comic book art and cover art - as well as pop culture, I work with both digital drawing/painting in creating my own character portraits as well as iconic faces. I'm also drawn to the alternative and retro 80s and 90s, cult pop figures, films and music. I enjoy exploring solid lines and bold uplifting colours. My work always begins with small, quick sketches – which are then redrawn and finished into digital illustrations or paintings.  Artists that inspire me massively include Miss Led (Joanna Henly), Marguerite Sauvage, Jen Bartel and Gretel Lusky!



Above: Work on display at recent exhibition Watch This Space, Wolverhampton Arts Centre, 11-23 April 2026

Below: Pages from my Sketchbook



My studio is based at Wolverhampton Arts Centre, where I'm currently developing new work, but you can also find a continuing range of prints, cards and giftware at:

Shop In The Square, Mander Centre, Wolverhampton
Halfpenny Green Retro & Vintage, Halfpenny Green Airport, Stourbridge
Red Brick Market, Digbeth Birmingham
Indie Mart, Fargo Village, Coventry

and follow me at:

@becbroomhall Insta/Threads or on Facebook Bec Broomhall Arts

So, proper introductions done! Hope you enjoyed reading and feel free to comment or if you have any questions about what I do! See you for now and keep an eye out for the next post!!


No comments:

Post a Comment